Shadowrun Denver: New Plot(s)

• Pitcrew

Shadowrun Denver & New Plot
    Denver Shadowrun MU* is a multi-player environment set in Denver in 2076. This fractured city gives ample opportunity for shadowrunners to delve into a myriad of possible story lines, from political intrigue to mob wars to deals with dragons. The game also branches out into North America and the world, with narrative storytelling and player interaction.
    http://denver.wikidot.com/
    Host: aelfhame.net
    Port: 1999
    The Plot - TLDR; A rogue Johnson, an international arms dealer, and corrupt cop wields a small fiefdom.
    A suicide mission into an SK owned property leaves a runner team all but dead and the Mr. J holding the bag. Precious R&D plans for new miniaturized weapons, and internal intel on Lofwyr are up for grabs as the mysterious Mr. J seeks to offload the gear to a third party.

Meanwhile, in the CAS district, a corrupt and powerful Lone Star detective carves out a tiny fiefdom, it's all well and god until the wrong parties are pissed off.
    Plot info, legwork, and more are featured on rumor boards, Shadowland, and through dealings with story teller staff Dave + Finn.

• Pitcrew

@Finn
    FYI To clarify these are active staff plots seeking past/present or even Brand New SR:Denver player-participants.

• Is the game still mostly composed of jaded old players with insane total karma and a 'meh whatever, we'd rather argue rules on pub for hours than actually play' attitude?

• @Taika said in Shadowrun Denver: New Plot(s):

Is the game still mostly composed of jaded old players with insane total karma and a 'meh whatever, we'd rather argue rules on pub for hours than actually play' attitude?

Let's play and steal some of that karma... Is that how it works?!

• Pitcrew

@Taika I don't know, I suppose that's subjective!

But this is an advert for a plot I'm running and another plot another GM is running and I'm not one of those characters and Pub chan has an off function.

• pub chan off is the first thing I do whenever I make a new character.

• Admin

@SG Yes! Well, I usually leave that and any CG-related channels on until I'm on the grid at least, in case there are useful things on there I should know about. It also tells me a little bit about the game's culture ahead of time.

Afterwards though, I don't even bother with spawning it. Begone! Same as the OOC room spam.

• Coder

If you need to 'pub off', the game has a culture problem. Probably one that can best be solved with fire.

• @Thenomain Mmmmmmmn, yes and no? It could be active in a completely healthy, non-asshole-filled way, but sometimes I duck out of that anyway if I see it happening somewhere 'cause I can't be bothered to spawn things off half the time and interjections of anything when I'm trying to RP mangles my ability to focus on writing a pose (thank you, ADD... ). I don't consider that a failing of any given channel, though.

• Coder

@surreality

I said: If you need to. Not: You want to.

• Pitcrew

Hit me up if you guys are interested in the advertisement.

Off-topic, the Pub Channel is usually people saying "Hey"/"Up For RP at X Location"/or just general subjective chit chat.

• Is there any room for deckers? That was the main reason I left Denver, no one really wanted to ST for deckers, at least not in Cyberspace, they had no problem trying to get my decker doing physical stuff in the real world (which nearly got me killed twice)

• @magee101 said in Shadowrun Denver: New Plot(s):

Is there any room for deckers? That was the main reason I left Denver, no one really wanted to ST for deckers, at least not in Cyberspace, they had no problem trying to get my decker doing physical stuff in the real world (which nearly got me killed twice)

Decking is.... decking, unfortunately. There's folks willing to learn it, but it's weird, and they won't let me be Otaku, so I remain 'meh' on the whole situation.

• Pitcrew

@magee101 Absolutely send me an @mail

• Coder

@Finn I have a Decker on there. I might log back in. I made him, tried to get involved with him, but real life caught up to me each time I tried.

• Coder

@Jennkryst If there was a 4th or 5th edition game out there, you and I would "Otaku" it up as Technomancers.

• @golgoth Well, yeah. But then, the rules would allow for them. At present, you cannot Otaku because 'they make super faces who aren't that good at decking, despite thematically supposedly to be anti-social autist decking wizards', and I'm just over here going 'Ware is thematically supposed to be bad juju for magic users, so why is that not banned, too? Damn near everyone has some!'

I would kill for SR5 game with Wyld's meticulous voucher and +sheet system.

• Pitcrew

@golgoth Yep just send an @mail

• @Jennkryst Otaku just don't seem to work as intended in 3rd edition and rather than attempt to houserule the hell out of it we just decided to put them on the not-allowed list. If you really want to play an Otaku and that's the only Shadowrun thing you want to do, come on and I can set you up with an exemption. Otaku being not-allowed primarily facilitates us not having to have staff who know what the hell their rules are or letting newbies fall into a trap of making a character that is fairly useless. Bear in mind that queues will be slower for the one special snowflake Otaku on grid as whoever processes them will likely be having to double check everything. You can @mail me at Yelmalio in game.

• @Lupo001 I don't have time to play the alts I already have there, let alone finish writing up a new one. I'm just old and salty at the disconnect. Plus, Otaku require a tribe to submerge, and ruling that one cannot be part of an NPC group means that there has to be at least 3 PC Otaku for them to 'initiate' into better deckers.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.