Visit Fallcoast, sponsored by the Fallcoast Chamber of Commerce

• @Caryatid said in Visit Fallcoast, sponsored by the Fallcoast Chamber of Commerce:

They are saying "take these elements and incorporate them into other games".

So why haven't you guys done it yet? I'm sure Ganymede could get somebody to install nWoD vampire code somewhere.

• Pitcrew

@Tempest I have a game partially written up. I started it as a vamp game, switched to historical, could easily switch back to vamp again. I've stolen and modified systems from RfK, Arx, and other games that I saw work well and retain activity.

But I love creating systems and organizations. I get that from my mother.
    I need a coder.
    I need someone who is better at plot than I am.

Gany and others have seen bits and pieces of it, but all of their own games their working on.

• I don't have a dedicated coder in my pocket or even the minimal amount of time I'd want to put towards staffing a game. I do have two partially completed game write-ups for games which do incorporate some of those elements though. One of them was discussed here on MSB (@vanderlylle and I posted an interest check here: http://musoapbox.net/topic/1169/interest-check-single-sphere-vtr-game?page=1 ) and the other is a mortal+ with supers as NPCs in Savannah concept. One day they might go live, who knows.

• Politics

@Tempest said in Visit Fallcoast, sponsored by the Fallcoast Chamber of Commerce:

So why haven't you guys done it yet? I'm sure Ganymede could get somebody to install nWoD vampire code somewhere.

Many elements of RfK relied on "unique" bits of code that I haven't seen anywhere else. Plus, as has been said, there were problems that needed addressing, namely the over-reliance on staff oversight for important matters from territorial actions to beat-sheets.

There was an RfK 2.0, but its operation wasn't particularly good. The code was not working properly, for one thing, so the territory system was broken and inoperable. Staff weren't always there. It still had plenty of activity at all times, with political machinations and everything, but I would want to make sure that RfK's problems were addressed before launching. It fell apart when it became readily apparent that staff weren't entirely ethical.

That said, I am trying to set a political environment similar to RfK's. The good people at F&L have been nice enough for me to essentially declare a system of governance by fiat, similar to what RfK had ICly. Time will tell if my PC is gutted for it or not, but, hey, things are happening and hopefully we can keep it moving forward.

But, to my previous point: this was done by a player; this was done IC; and this was done with the non-interference of staff.

• @Lisse24 said in Visit Fallcoast, sponsored by the Fallcoast Chamber of Commerce:

I disagree entirely with @Tempest, I don't think staff babysitting is necessary at all for long-term RP either in WoD or other genres.

Wait, I thought you were the one who said that ideally games should have staffers devoted solely to reaching out to every player to ask if they were ok, and had any problems? Do you just mean "for rp to happen"?

• Pitcrew

@Kanye-Qwest I did say something along those lines, but I can't find the exact post. I believe it was in the context either of conflict, or maybe new players?

In either case, while I still think it's a good idea, and while it is something that Shav did on RfK that I think really helped to keep conflict positive, I don't think it's necessary for an active game.

I also don't think that checking on how players are doing constitutes as babysitting. (Falling into education analogies here, sorry) If I give my students a worksheet of math problems and then go around the room and do a spot-check on number #10 to make sure they're doing OK, they're still working on their own. I'm not standing over their shoulder and babysitting them while they work, but I'm still able to make adjustments and corrections before things go completely off the rails.

And no, I still don't think short 'how you doing? Anything you need?' conversations are horribly time consuming or prohibitive, but I understand we'll disagree on that until someone actually tries that.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.