NewHopeMUSH

• Coder

Welcome to NewHopeMUSH, a Star Trek MUSH set in the Delta Quadrant.

Currently in live development, with players roleplaying, and helping to test the game.

It is fifty years after the U.S.S. Voyager made it back.

During the plot of Star Trek: Voyager, we see a crew trying to get home.

Now, a new mission has been presented to select personnel. The mission?

Work with the Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Star Empire by living on a new deep space station and represent the Alpha Quadrant in the Delta Quadrant.

• The game is accessible by multiple ports: 9999 and 21.
    • Integrated website, listing various facts about the game.
    • Integrated flash client hosted on website.
    • Completely customize your characters.
    • Create multiple races, from both the Alpha and Delta quadrants.
    • Join multiple factions, including the Federation, Romulan Star Empire, and Klingon Empire.
    • +map command displays where exactly you are, by deck.
    • Working shuttles to visit other planets

https://www.newhopemush.com/

• Not my cup of tea, but the website definitely looks well done and different from the norm.

Always refreshing to see innovative stuff in the hobby, good luck!

(Also I totally expected Star Wars, based on the name, haha.)

• @tempest said in NewHopeMUSH:

(Also I totally expected Star Wars, based on the name, haha.)

Likewise. I expect most people would instantly think Star Wars.

• Coder

He said can play Romulan, and Klingon... worth checking out just for that.

• Pitcrew

You have an FAQ and start with "what is a MUSH?" <3

Seriously though, Star Trek could be my jam if I wasn't so rusty in the world. Totally considering it. Does it matter if I never finished Voyager but have watched all of DS9 a gazillion times?

• Coder

@lisse24 said in NewHopeMUSH:

You have an FAQ and start with "what is a MUSH?" <3

I figured there are plenty who wouldn't know what it is. :p

Seriously though, Star Trek could be my jam if I wasn't so rusty in the world. Totally considering it. Does it matter if I never finished Voyager but have watched all of DS9 a gazillion times?

Not really, the timeline has details about the world. You may need to look up some things ("what is slipstream technology" "what race is x" etc), but other then small stuff you should be fine.

• Pitcrew

Your page for NewHope is gorgeous and well-organized and full of clickables to click upon, I love it.

• Very interested in this. Yay, Star Trek game!

• So long as I can spend time killing Kazon assholes I'm good with that.

• The question is: How much Trek knowledge would one have to know to play here? Is it something we'd have to have encyclopedic-levels of knowledge to be able to play or can someone who only knows the basics, if that, can play here and be able to learn as they go?

• I think even if you just appreciate the series, any weird little nuances can be explained away with a quick http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Main search.

If you've never seen Star Trek at all, that may be trickier - but 'Starbase open to civilians in a largely unexplored and alien quadrant of the galaxy, run by a quasi-military operation and their allies' might get you started.

• Pitcrew

Memory Alpha is a great resource and I don't think anyone's gonna expect someone to know all the things.

I've apped and been approved and I had a straight-forward two paragraph application. Mind, I did include previous postings with actual ship names (gleaned from Memory Alpha, mind) suitable for the time period. I also included specific Academy/training route. But again, that's all stuff that can be found via Memory Alpha.

When I asked re: BGs, Staff basically just wants to see the progression of your character. Doesn't have to be expansive, but has to be more than 'Name joined Starfleet.' (understandably). This implies to me that you can get along without ALL THE KNOWINGS. :D

• Pitcrew

If you don't know much about the series, you could just stay clear of science-related positions and you'd probably be fine here. There are people who are just soldiers doing their jobs on ships, who don't know more about the world than the average soldier does in real-life. There're civilians, too. There are people on vessels whose job is to know one specific field and not much else. Entertainers, bartenders, janitors. Most vessels are microcosms of their own, with all manners of jobs and roles to fill. Fill in your knowledge gaps whenever necessary using the link @soundofserenity provided and you likely won't ever feel the pressure of not being a die-hard fan.

• If anyone gives you sass about Treknology, just refer to this.

• If you're wondering how they eat and breath,
    and other science facts (LA-LA-LA!),
    Just repeat to yourself "it's just a game,
    I should really just relax!"

• Pitcrew

@misadventure said in NewHopeMUSH:

If anyone gives you sass about Treknology, just refer to this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VXJunkies/

• Pitcrew

I do feel I should mention (since it can be a big deal): the game does not allow sexual RP. Period.

From the rules:
    "NewHopeMUSH is a game designed to be family-friendly and appropriate for all ages, as such there will be no inappropriate roleplaying within the MUSH. What this means is that there will be no adult roleplay whatsoever, and anyone caught doing so will be sanctioned and, if they continue, will be removed from the game. These rules can be changed at any time, without any prior warning."

Tho we all know how things go in private, so- shrug

• @auspice I did see that and think it was an odd choice but also, I don't need aliens sex? yet.

So far my experience has been pleasant.

• Pitcrew

@scar said in NewHopeMUSH:

@auspice I did see that and think it was an odd choice but also, I don't need aliens sex? yet.

So far my experience has been pleasant.

But I'm a Trill.
    Spots are sexy.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.