NewHopeMUSH

• This post is deleted!

• Admin

Please remember folks, if you want to discuss aspects of the game (such as their TS-related policies) please feel free to start a separate thread in the Mildly Constructive or even Hog Pit sections and do it there.

This is the advertisement thread, keep it to questions and clarifications.

• Pitcrew

On a more serious note:
    I would love, love someone to fill the Alien Anthropologist role. I've already referenced Jezrel seeking one out in my intro-post.

Make the Chief Intel officer happy plz.

• Coder

After discussing it with our players, and setting up a poll, we have allowed sexual roleplay in private areas.

https://www.newhopemush.com/2017/11/poll-results/

As such, we have changed the rules to reflect this and only allowed players who over over eighteen (18) years of age.

• @kimojuno Listening to feedback here, and (much more importantly) taking a poll of your actual playerbase and responding to the results with sensible policies and important thematic info speaks very well of how you're handling things. Big thumbs up.

• Requires email address and application via the website.
    I know this sort of thing is something people have an interest in.

• Pitcrew

@tinuviel said in NewHopeMUSH:

Requires email address and application via the website.
    I know this sort of thing is something people have an interest in.

I've personally never understood why. Gmail makes it so easy to have an email account just for MU*ing if you want.

• Admin

@auspice The one reason I'd want players registering an e-mail address is so it's easier to verify their identity if they forget the password or something of the sort.

It's always awkward when Guest1 comes over with "heey I'm Bob's player but I can't log on, can you reset my credentials?".

• Pitcrew

@arkandel said in NewHopeMUSH:

@auspice The one reason I'd want players registering an e-mail address is so it's easier to verify their identity if they forget the password or something of the sort.

It's always awkward when Guest1 comes over with "heey I'm Bob's player but I can't log on, can you reset my credentials?".

This is probably the #1 reason for email verification, yes. 'Alright, what's the email on file?' 'bobsmuaddy@gmail.com' 'Great. Password is bobtemp123.'
    Done.

Otherwise, yeah, you're risking someone trying to phish for access to an account.

This game is just doing initial char reg through their site, with email. You also get asked if you want to join the mailing list for updates. I don't think any of this is bad and honestly, lends to some of the goals @faraday has had (in enriching the MU* experience).

• Admin

@auspice Yes, except I'd e-mail it to them and they can grab it from their mailbox.

After all I might know what your e-mail address is without actually being you.

• Coder

@arkandel said in NewHopeMUSH:

@auspice Yes, except I'd e-mail it to them and they can grab it from their mailbox.

After all I might know what your e-mail address is without actually being you.

Personally, this is how I do it. I don't like giving it out over page. Emailing the password, in my opinion, is the best way to verify. Anyone can login as a guest (meanwhile, if someone had access to your email, there'd probably be bigger priorities then your account on a MUSH).

• Coder

NewHopeMUSH, a Star Trek-based MUSH, is looking for builders and code. We are set in the Star Trek universe. Anyone who is interested can contact us through the form on our website.

https://www.newhopemush.com/ooc-staff-application/

Thank you,
    Kimojuno (Jeff)

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.