Star Trek: Tempest A NOVA Based game

• So Starfleet says you have screwed up one too many times. This is your last chance at redemption and your being assigned to a crew that's full of near washouts and deadbeats. Your last chance starts now. Meet up with the crew at Surplus Depot Z15 now! You heard me GET GOING!

This sim takes place in 2387, a month or so after Romulus is destroyed. The basis of the sim is a group of ragtag near washouts has been given a ship to restore before heading to Starbase 121 for assignment. Various timelines do occur when writing so keep an eye on the days marked to get the full story. We are currently looking to fill a wide variety of positions in the game. To see the current open positions, click here and then click Open Positions.

We have an RPG Rating of 333

But Zolan, what do these numbers mean?

Language: Swearing and mature language is permitted.
    Sex: Sexual content may be described in detail
    Violence: Graphic violence is permitted.

Discord is mandatory to play so that we are all able to communicate plans and events in an OOC fashion.

You can find us at http://nova3.newdestinyfleet.org/index.php/main/index

• @zolanderik said in Star Trek: Tempest A NOVA Based game:

We are proud to support the LGBTQ Community.

I don't know why, but whenever someone says this I find that they aren't. Can you describe further your LGBTQ+ policies?

Discord is mandatory to play so that we are all able to communicate plans and events in an OOC fashion.

Why?

Also, what do you mean by 'NOVA based game'? What does that mean?

• We welcome everyone one from every walk of life. Be they gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, transexual, hermaphrodites, and so on. We are very open about every walk of life in Tempest.

As for Discord, communication is key to a successful sim. Every one of our current players are on discord and communicate on a daily basis. In this communication, we set up posts to play in, share plot ideas, inform players of new features to the game, and various other things.

A NOVA based game is running on the Anodyne Productions website software known as Nova. It is a play by post website application. More information can be found here as well: http://anodyne-productions.com/nova/

• Pitcrew

What do you mean by discord being a requirement, though? Do you have to log into it while playing? Do you just have to sign to a channel once? What does that requirement mean? Do you require people to use the voice features, or just the chat?

• Currently, by requirement, we mean that we ask that you have it active at your leisure and check in at least a few times a week to get posted on all the action that is happening. All our planning for missions and asking for roleplay is done via Discord. It is text only, no voice required. Note: All that NOVA is used for is the IC actions and roleplay. No OOC information is given on it since we have been relying on Discord.

• Hm.

Is NOVA a rules set or the class of the ship upon which the game takes place? (The wiki leads me to believe that latter.) If it is a rules set, where can I find out about it?

• @collective "Built by Anodyne Productions, Nova is the premier RPG management software. With an easy-to-use interface, a built-in mini-wiki, vastly improved messaging and posting systems, a wide array of developer tools and much more, Nova is all you need to help you stop managing your game and get back to playing it."

• Pitcrew

This almost sounds like the same premise as 'The Orville'. I'd like it a little more of 'Starfleet has said that you've gone over the line one too many times. After barely avoiding an all-out war with a normally neutral race, they've decided that you and your crew are best set to black ops work - those missions that Starfleet has wiped off the books (or don't even know about if you want to use an Admiral in starfleet that is sorta rogue, natch) and your ship is supposedly heading to the scrap yards at Surplus Depot Z13 - your first mission - steal your ship!' That said, I hope you're successful!

• @downwithopp said in Star Trek: Tempest A NOVA Based game:

This almost sounds like the same premise as 'The Orville'. I'd like it a little more of 'Starfleet has said that you've gone over the line one too many times. After barely avoiding an all-out war with a normally neutral race, they've decided that you and your crew are best set to black ops work - those missions that Starfleet has wiped off the books (or don't even know about if you want to use an Admiral in starfleet that is sorta rogue, natch) and your ship is supposedly heading to the scrap yards at Surplus Depot Z13 - your first mission - steal your ship!' That said, I hope you're successful!

That's kinda the missions we will be doing. Spoilers: The Admiral is part of Section 3. His ID is a false one and the crew, depending on how they handle repairing the ship will be inducted into Section 31 to find out who caused the Romulan Star to go supernova so quickly and what the Orions have to do with it. All the while the bigger mystery is why there are so many temporal anomalies and who is killing off former agents of the Obsidian Order, Tal Shiar, and Section 31. Loads of fun brewing.

And thanks for the hope of success! I appreciate it :)

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.