Book Recommendations

• Pitcrew

I got mail today! I excitedly opened the packaged. It was heavy. It was the dimensions and weight of a sizable hardback book, I knew what this was. Much excitement. I have a couple people eagerly awaiting my receiving The Blade Itself so that I can start the series. They're so enthusiastic about this that they've offered to read it again at the same time, so that we can discuss it as I go.

I open the package. I drop the spine of the book into the palm of my hand, with glee. Oh, no. Book two; which had the delivery date of roughly a week and a half later than book one.

Well, at least it looks nice on the shelf.

Tom Clancy's Clear and Present Danger is still a fun read, I guess.

• Admin

@faceless For some reason I didn't enjoy that series as much as I did. I love most of his work though - The Heroes and Red Country, damn.

• Pitcrew

@arkandel Yes. His standalone novels are just fantastic

• Pitcrew

@arkandel said in Book Recommendations:

@faceless For some reason I didn't enjoy that series as much as I did. I love most of his work though - The Heroes and Red Country, damn.

The Heroes is definitely on my list, though I'll be reading the series first. I've been told I have to read The Heroes because a character from the series has a larger(or main?) part in it and reminds them of one of my own, so I want to see what the hell they're talking about.

• Admin

@faceless The Heroes is a fucking brutal book. It's amazing, and without mercy.

• Pitcrew

@Faceless -- I just started "The Blade Itself" a few days ago, though it's currently on pause. Since the boyfriend owns that one, I tend to put down books I own when my limited-availability ebooks pop up from my waitlist at the local library. (And my copy of "White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America" just popped up.)

I should be back to it in a few weeks, if you want to go through it together!

• Pitcrew

@aria said in Book Recommendations:

I should be back to it in a few weeks, if you want to go through it together!

I'll be down for that. I'll be starting it once I get it. Which is projected as no later than the 21st, apparently.

• Pitcrew

@faceless Yay!! Book buddies. Now which one of us is bringing the food and which one is bringing the booze?

• Pitcrew

@aria said in Book Recommendations:

@faceless Yay!! Book buddies. Now which one of us is bringing the food and which one is bringing the booze?

I'll bring the bourbon. All I have is some chicken with cheese, rice, and brocolli.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.