MUX Block

• Hey all, is it possible to - in TinyMUX - set a conditional lock that prevents me from seeing someone's poses/says/@emits when in certain rooms? I want to block any incoming stuff from people in certain OOC rooms but not interfere in their input elsewhere.

Or am I just gonna have to do this through hella LUA scripting?

• Coder

@tinuviel said in MUX Block:

Hey all, is it possible to - in TinyMUX - set a conditional lock that prevents me from seeing someone's poses/says/@emits when in certain rooms? I want to block any incoming stuff from people in certain OOC rooms but not interfere in their input elsewhere.

You gotta do this through client side gagging. And separating it out from IC vs OOC rooms is a little hard to the point at at midnight I can't think of a way to actually accomplish it off the top of my head.

• @ixokai It'd probably involve spoofing somehow.
    My entire life seems to require spoofing.

Badum-ch.

• Coder

@ixokai said in MUX Block:

@tinuviel said in MUX Block:

Hey all, is it possible to - in TinyMUX - set a conditional lock that prevents me from seeing someone's poses/says/@emits when in certain rooms? I want to block any incoming stuff from people in certain OOC rooms but not interfere in their input elsewhere.

You gotta do this through client side gagging. And separating it out from IC vs OOC rooms is a little hard to the point at at midnight I can't think of a way to actually accomplish it off the top of my head.

Actually have an idea.

MUX2 does have Reality Levels.

Set up a unique reality level for yourself and just put the room in that reality and make sure you're -not- in that reality, but everyone else is, then they see as normal, but to you they don't even exist to you while in that room.

• Coder

@ashen-shugar That is kinda of an interesting idea, call it a Quarantine reality level, when you need to jail someone, throw em in that reality level. Set up your commands to check if reality levels match before cycling through.

• But aren't reality levels normally wizard only? Cool idea, but how does that help a player who just wants to ignore one other player in a specific room? Which is what I assume is being asked?

• Coder

@derp said in MUX Block:

But aren't reality levels normally wizard only? Cool idea, but how does that help a player who just wants to ignore one other player in a specific room? Which is what I assume is being asked?

Reality levels are controlled by three methods.

1. The reality being defined.
    2. Belonging to the send for the level (@txlevel)
    3. Belonging to the receive for the level (@rxlevel)

The solution would be to encode some softcode wrappers in the master room to allow people to join/leave the snuff reality.

• @ashen-shugar Yeah... that still doesn't really help me do what I want to do.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.