How to use Potato MU Client

• Coder

@ixokai

No? Huh. It was when I last tried it. Which is when it was slower than dirt. I’ll check it again and edit this post when I’m at a computer, or more likely a Mac user will reply with more details.

Still, Potato visibly scrolling doesn’t surprise. Well, didn’t surprise.

• Coder

@thenomain said in How to use Potato MU Client:

@ixokai

No? Huh. It was when I last tried it. Which is when it was slower than dirt. I’ll check it again and edit this post when I’m at a computer, or more likely a Mac user will reply with more details.

As far as I know, Potato has always been built on Tcl/Tk?

• Coder

@sparks said in How to use Potato MU Client:

@thenomain said in How to use Potato MU Client:

@ixokai

As far as I know, Potato has always been built on Tcl/Tk?

As may be, but it ran in a Python wrapper, which is what I was remembering.

Welp, it won't run on 10.13.5, so nevermind.

Last update marker:

Date: August 31st, 2015

So there you go. Maybe it can be compiled from source, but I'm not going through that to see how fast it is. It was a distracting tangent anyway.

• Pitcrew

I don't suppose there's any way to tab between your main window and your spawn window instead of having to physically click the spawn window to see your channel text, is there?

I know it's really stupid, but it would just make looking at my coms a lot easier and quicker to switch between coms and my main window if I could just alt+tab between them. But I'm not sure there's an ability to do that.

• Coder

@testament I don't use spawn windows, but does ctrl+tab do it?