NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot

• Pitcrew

@Ganymede said in NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot:

@RDC

Everyone vote for Salty.

There will be booty.

I mean, it's a lot more like "whoever's willing to be the next to be murdered and also does something the Triumvirate likes more than the next person" than a vote, but sure.

• @RDC said in NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot:

I mean, it's a lot more like "whoever's willing to be the next to be murdered and also does something the Triumvirate likes more than the next person" than a vote, but sure.

i am invincible

• Pitcrew

Yvette for Primogen 2019!

+local
    +can punch things really hard
    +doesn't like bright lights
    +knows what it's like to need a fix
    -the fix isn't blood
    -not actually a vampire
    +/- angry, like... all the time?
    +/- no I mean seriously angry
    +/- damn girl calm down

• @Rinel said in NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot:

Yvette for Primogen 2019!
    +doesn't like bright lights

Selah would support for this alone.
    Lights are bad.
    All darkness all the time.

• Vote for the oWoD Nagah-Gangrel rip off who will definitely be done by then. Probably. Maybe? WHO KNOWS!

• @Jennkryst said in NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot:

Vote for the oWoD Nagah-Gangrel rip off who will definitely be done by then. Probably. Maybe? WHO KNOWS!

just make a khaibit gdi

• @Auspice said in NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot:

@Jennkryst said in NOLA: The Game That Care Forgot:

Vote for the oWoD Nagah-Gangrel rip off who will definitely be done by then. Probably. Maybe? WHO KNOWS!

just make a khaibit gdi

They are too Aegyptian, and I am holding out all the hopes for Mummy's... 2021 publishing date. Because I am dumb.

But also because sneks are cool.

• Pitcrew

Clarification since I am bad at dates and +event: The coming Praxis Court is on WEDNESDAY, not Friday.

...Also because I'm bad at +event again, it's at 7pm Eastern/6pm Central. Because I'm bad at things. Sorry.

• Pitcrew

21242d6e-eb04-4a54-bd45-944114498f2c-image.png

• Pitcrew

Hey all just an update that I'm back from my hiatus on NOLA. We've had some OOC fires that seriously stressed staff out, and that's resulted in some burnout and staff turnover.

Fair warning, if you come play on NOLA: at this point, 100% of staff are trans, queer, and leftist. Not like, liberal. Like, anarchists and communists. Historically I think we've had one non-trans, non-leftist staffer, and even they were, if I'm not mistaken, pretty queer.

NOLA is an explicitly safe space for trans folks. We police queerphobia, transphobia, racism, and antisemitism much more harshly than we police, say, someone generalizing about white, cisgender, heterosexual men.

If this is going to provoke you into a rage, then our game probably isn't for you. We're okay with being a smaller game with a higher percentage of queer folks, PoC, and other oppressed people than your average game.

ON A FURTHER NOTE: We are looking to hire 1 or 2 staffers. Being a trans communist isn't necessarily a REQUIREMENT, but just saying.

• Pitcrew

Bonus! If you don't like me, RL business has meant I've resigned from staff.

If you do like me, well, I still have a player bit! Hit up the hopeful lightbulb.

• I will volunteer for staff, approve all the bullshit I want to make*, then immediately quit.

*This will take forever for me to write up, so there will likely be a decent time period of me actually being productive while I run around making my weird smut alt shenanigans.

this is the way

She said, despite her job being deemed 'essential' and having even less time to do anything now than before the plague decended upon the land

• Pitcrew

@Jennkryst no mummies

ON A FURTHER NOTE: We are looking to hire 1 or 2 staffers. Being a trans communist isn't necessarily a REQUIREMENT, but just saying.

What are you looking for from staff volunteers? Administrative support? Scene running?

• Pitcrew

@Ganymede Anyone can run scenes without being staff (including major plots that you'd normally expect from staff). Mostly we need people willing to process apps. Most apps are very easy, but the rough ones can be super draining on staff morale and we've found spreading them between only 2-3 people can be hard on us. We'll probably be pruning down even further what kind of custom content we're accepting which will cut down a lot of the other brain-intensive work, so mostly we just need, like. At least one more person for when Mel or I are like "oh god we can't do another app that requires twelve notes and hours of coaching the player through the system". Perfectly happy to do those on OCCASION, but they're draining.

• @RDC

Oh, I can handle those. Sure. I'm in on that.

@Jennkryst no mummies

In this specific instance I was talking about Beepires and Humantaurs, but NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT, I will simply remind you that THE CURSE is ever looming. Just look at reality. It wouldn't let me be a Mummy in the real world, and now we have COVID-19.

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KEEP TEMPTING FATE?!?

• Pitcrew

@Jennkryst

Just play a changeling who looks like a mummy

• @Rinel Gravewight/Sandharrowed. Boom.

• Pitcrew

Hey all. If you have previously left NOLA to avoid the player of Michael/Bishop, that person has been banned for extreme, malicious, repeated, and flagrant violations of our adult content policy. Among other things. Please, please, ALWAYS feel like you can come to staff if someone's making you feel unsafe out of character, pressuring you to roleplay in certain ways, threatening you with in character violence if you try to distance yourself from RP that makes you uncomfortable, trying to pressure you to drop a character instead of excusing yourself from it, that kind of thing.