Wiki Spoiler Code

• I just finished this up today, and it isn't MU* code -- so it didn't seem to fit there.

Anyway, these are pretty easy. Note: the text will hop around a little when these expand, but life goes on; you'll have an automatically expanding/collapsing section (default collapsed) with the potential spoiler content hidden. (It may flash visible for a fraction of a second, but that's javascript for you.)

Add to the bottom of Mediawiki:Common.css:

.spoiler .mw-collapsible-toggle,
    .mw-content-ltr .spoiler .mw-collapsible-toggle {
    	float: left !important;
    	padding-right: 8px;
    }

Create a new page, titled Template:Spoiler

Paste in the following, and save the page.

<includeonly><div class="spoiler mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" data-expandtext="View Potential Spoilers" data-collapsetext="Hide Potential Spoilers"><div class="mw-collapsible-content"><br>
    {{{text|{{{1}}}}}}
    </div></div></includeonly>

To use the template on any given page:

{{Spoiler|text}}

Text: enter whatever text you want here, can be multiple paragraphs, but cannot include = signs or | symbols.

If you need to use a pipe symbol (for a link or similar stuff), create a pipe template if you don't have one already. That one's easier -- create a page called Template:!

The only text on the page should be a single pipe symbol:

|

^ Yep, just like that. Save it and you're done. Then if you need a pipe symbol anywhere in your spoiler template (or any other templates on your wiki), you can pull it up with this: {{!}}

A lot of wikis have this set up due to other code requirements, but just in case yours doesn't, that's how to do it, and what that thing is. :D

Hopefully this helps somebody out.

• Thank you for this. I am trying to teach myself how to make wiki magic and stuff like this really, really helps me out!

Kudos to you on your awesome.