Arendelle Mu*


  • Banned

    I believe there should be a MU* based in the Frozenverse.

    I don't really care about Frozen, but Elsa is mai waifu. I want to roleplay with someone playing Elsa.

    What's that, you say? Only one person would get to play Elsa? Not at all! One of the game's plot points could be that Arendelle is overrun with clones of Elsa.

    Random strains of "Let It Go" fill the streets.

    It would be a lot of fun! Honestly, it would, provided it had a roomy grid, loose rules, and a quick chargen process. You could really be a pretty Princess and be sparkly, or one of the hundreds of other well-known fantasy tropes that I needn't go into detail about; you've probably seen and complained about them many a time.

    Something like a Fading Suns MU, except set in a Nordic monarchy. There are fjords and reindeer and lots of snow.
    A real throwback to oldschool MU*ing when silly stuff happened, and wackiness on-grid occurred frequently.

    I realize, of course, that there are some potential problems that might crop up, but I think they could be managed, or, at least, that we could stave them off till the end.



  • Link it to a war band system and follow the cultural change of Vendel vs Vestenmannavnjar with rifles and cannon and you have a game.


  • Coder

    The Greatest Game: Disney Edition. Color me there.


  • Banned

    @Thenomain

    If you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, that would be SO AWESOME. I am hyped for it. I have fantasized about such a thing for quite a while.

    I can already envision the set-piece battles already. Considering that Disney made some WWII cartoons, it's a total lock. It can happen.


  • Coder

    Welp, let us know when there's any there there. Mind you, I believe much if not all of the Disney WWII stuff was propaganda, and fairly racist to boot. I think you'd best decide which Disney era and methodology you're going to follow.


  • Banned

    @Thenomain

    Oh, no, I had no intention of making a pastiche of the Disney WWII propaganda in the game. It'd be as you described: TGG: Disneyverse.

    I was merely acknowledging how solid your concept was. The average guy on the street might not see how TGG:DISNEY makes sense, but as someone who saw the WWII toons, it clicked with me immediately.


  • Banned

    So now that I have free time to make a game, I still want to launch this.

    Besides, Frozen 2 is on its way, and I'm sure lots of people will want to play on a Frozen Mu*.

    I am going to use Theno's suggestion and make a pastiche of Disney characters and The Greatest Generation; to be precise, a mashup of World War 2 and Disney, with the Frozenverse being the central 'hub' of the conflict, if you will.

    Nazi Elsa related.

    I invite Theno to roleplay as Kanzlerin Elsa if he wants. It'll be funny to see what he does with this role.

    alt


  • Coder

    Why did you block out that Star of David nipple pastie? >:->


  • Creator

    Ok.

    I like the Idea of a Arrendelle mu*, not sure about the nazi part.

    But color me interested in it.


  • Coder

    @Tyche said:

    Why did you block out that Star of David nipple pastie? >:->

    Standards.


  • Banned

    @Songtress said:

    Ok.
    I like the Idea of a Arrendelle mu*, not sure about the nazi part.
    But color me interested in it.

    Solution:

    I will open TWO Frozen-themed games.


    One will be a silly, lighthearted, simple game that is a 1:1 replication of the fairy-tale Nordic kingdom from the movie. I will make this one first, since it will be fairly easy.

    I think it'll mostly just be a sandbox, although I might gamify it. Consider it a gentle, winking nudge at the ostentatious "Lords and Ladies" games, like Blood of Dragons.

    You will roll a pretty princess or a lady, a milkmaid, an ordinary maid, a barmaid, an unusually handsome ice-cutter, farmer, or footman, or a scheming nobleman - the established archetypes in the Frozen movie.

    You don't necessarily have to roll one of the above; it's just my suggestion. When I get it underway, I may roll a small black girl who inadvertently ended up in Arendelle by accident, just so that people will have something to talk about. :satisfied:


    The second will be the The Greatest Frozen Generation WWII simulator Thenomain suggested. Still totally offering Theno the role of Kanzlerin Elsa since he gave me the idea, and, well, the fanart of Nazi Elsa sealed the deal.


  • Creator

    If this Greases the Frozen Generation wheel and this sgame happens can we have:

    1. an eternal winter where Kanzerlin Elsa reins over Arrendelle with a winter fist trying to build up her army of Magically enhanced people.?

    2. The resistance needs to be called "THE summerlands" or maybe The Kindling" something heart themed trying to breed their own population of magical people with healing and fire powers, and greening {photosensitive (light control) / plant growth?} ( where the Kanzerlin's people are say water/ice and lightening,air ). Ok now I need to sketch this out.

    Now reading this back it reads like really bad ATLA fanatic with a mold sheen of frozen over top.


  • Banned

    @Songtress said:

    If this Greases the Frozen Generation wheel and this sgame happens can we have:

    1. an eternal winter where Kanzerlin Elsa reins over Arrendelle with a winter fist trying to build up her army of Magically enhanced people.?

    2. The resistance needs to be called "THE summerlands" or maybe The Kindling" something heart themed trying to breed their own population of magical people with healing and fire powers, and greening {photosensitive (light control) / plant growth?} ( where the Kanzerlin's people are say water/ice and lightening,air ). Ok now I need to sketch this out.

    Now reading this back it reads like really bad ATLA fanatic with a mold sheen of frozen over top.

    Certainly! I was buggered for ideas as to what the Greatest Frozen Generation should be about, anyway, because "There are Nazis in Arendelle" does not make for a good story. There has to be an actual story behind the Nazi Arendelle Invasion, and your points are good starters. Feel free to keep sketching it out; I may just put you in charge of running plots to keep people engaged.

    For the moment I am devoting my energy to the Normal Frozenverse game, anyway, because it's going to be a lot of fun, actually! It will be lighthearted, fun, and pleasant to play on; no abject seriousness, no grimdarque nonsense, no posturing.

    It'll be a real retro-style throwback to the old-school MU*s where silly stuff happened all the time, and we all had funny stories to tell. You're gonna love it, guaranteed.

    You'll get to play in a totally accurate 1:1 replication of Arendelle.

    It will also, as I mentioned, be a gentle wink and a nod at the Super Cereal Lords and Ladies games (Firan, Kushiel, Blood of Dragons), inasmuch as you can play a Pretty Princess or a Handsome Lord, except that we are aware that it isn't Serious Business.


    I got the idea of opening TWO Frozen games from the state of play with the My Little Pony games out right now - there is one game that is for kids, and one game that is grim and dark as hell. There are other MLP MU*s, but those two gave me the prime idea.


  • Creator

    Could we not merge the two?
    The upper crust being the Supernatural Lords and Ladies (I love that concept)
    And have a kind sub game of the Greatest Generation happening as well.

    I mean it makes sense in a Dishonored kind d of way. Gifted rooms and palaces carefully manicured against rabble and rebel alike.

    So all the silly stuff can happen at palacitial mountain Estates away from the main city in a sense u til Rebels climb the walls and remove the blinders. Calling for Blood and Fire! THE RETURN OF THE Spring Queen! ( Ana?)

    Ting in the Whole Frozen / Tangled theory for more Lords and Ladies:Corona (Rapunzel's kingdom with Raps and Eugene/Flynn as heirs and the king and Queen of Corona in the Arrendelle)


  • Banned

    @Songtress said:

    If this Greases the Frozen Generation wheel and this sgame happens can we have:

    1. an eternal winter where Kanzerlin Elsa reins over Arrendelle with a winter fist trying to build up her army of Magically enhanced people.?

    I've been thinking about this a bit more, and I think that this version of Arendelle should be called the Greater Arendelle Reich.

    @Songtress said:

    1. The resistance needs to be called "THE summerlands" or maybe The Kindling" something heart themed trying to breed their own population of magical people with healing and fire powers, and greening {photosensitive (light control) / plant growth?} ( where the Kanzerlin's people are say water/ice and lightening,air ). Ok now I need to sketch this out.

    This gave me an excellent idea. Remember the Allied B-17 Flying Fortresses?

    I don't know if you've ever read the books His Majesty's Dragon, but you gave me an idea: the resistance folk you mentioned should have an Air Force, wherein they fly Fire Dragons the way the real-world Allies flew B-17 Bombers. Each dragon would be approximately the same size as a B-17 or a B-29, anyway, and it would be 'crewed' by a group of people.

    It could even be a partially-mechanical mish-mash of metal armor and cabins to keep the crew safe while the dragon flies. The resistance movement could either magically fuse the metal parts onto the dragon, or they could just strap it on. It's up to you.

    @Songtress said:

    Could we not merge the two?
    The upper crust being the Supernatural Lords and Ladies (I love that concept)
    And have a kind sub game of the Greatest Generation happening as well.

    I mean it makes sense in a Dishonored kind d of way. Gifted rooms and palaces carefully manicured against rabble and rebel alike.

    So all the silly stuff can happen at palacitial mountain Estates away from the main city in a sense u til Rebels climb the walls and remove the blinders. Calling for Blood and Fire! THE RETURN OF THE Spring Queen! ( Ana?)

    This is a good idea, and not at all dissimilar to what The Greatest Frozen Generation would have been like, anyway, because I wanted to explore things like these - the difference between the Nobles and the Commanders in the conflict, most of whom are far removed from the battlefront, and the grunts who live in squalor and horror in the teeth of the front.

    @Songtress said:

    Ting in the Whole Frozen / Tangled theory for more Lords and Ladies:Corona (Rapunzel's kingdom with Raps and Eugene/Flynn as heirs and the king and Queen of Corona in the Arrendelle)

    Well, Thenomain already kinda suggested this; he said we should tie-in other Disney movies, so I was gonna do this anyway.

    Here's a thought: we could include the Big Hero 6 universe as a stand-in for the Japanese Empire, since we're imitating World War 2.

    So, the Frozen Winter Axis forces, made up of the Greater Arendelle Reich, the Imperial Big Hero 6 Empire (I'm not sure what to call the 'Big Hero 6' country. Japanifornia? Nippon-Cali? Maybe you have an idea), against the Summer Allies.

    Also, whose side should Corona be on? The Summer Allies, or the Winter Axis?


    I am still likely to make a Plain Arendelle game because I really want to make a game that is similar to an old-school mu*, inasmuch as it is just lots of harmless fun.


  • Creator

    Good choices.
    I would say that don't make it too world War II analogus only because we want people to be real people not good or evil because the are on the Axis or Allies labeled sides.

    Maybe make Corona a kind of puppet ish kingdom of Arrendelle? Like they keep their heads of states (HoS) and the traditions and Arrendelle doesn't freeze them into a Colony.

    The dragons I like. Dragons are probably influenced when young to be ice or fire & crews are kinda bound to a dragon because without how do you control a creature? I like the idea of metal armor for them.


  • Banned

    @Songtress said:

    Good choices.
    I would say that don't make it too world War II analogus only because we want people to be real people not good or evil because the are on the Axis or Allies labeled sides.

    Maybe make Corona a kind of puppet ish kingdom of Arrendelle? Like they keep their heads of states (HoS) and the traditions and Arrendelle doesn't freeze them into a Colony.

    The dragons I like. Dragons are probably influenced when young to be ice or fire & crews are kinda bound to a dragon because without how do you control a creature? I like the idea of metal armor for them.

    Okay! And what about the Big Hero 6 faction\country or so on? Are you interested in their being a part of the story, and if so, what should they do?


  • Creator

    Not sure about the Nilponali (Nilponali cali without the c) it's too high tech for this world. Even if you were to scale it away down. Perhaps just Corona, Arrendelle and leave the rest of the map.... Blank ish like there are other countries but not too much info. Though we definately need to Emphasise that both Arrendelle and Corona have populations of non white looking people and its not weird ( as some who plays black characters because she I black this is one of those weird moments of wtf when I suddenly realize that I have no space for people like me. So ( theoretical animal shifters from Not Africa?}


  • Banned

    @Songtress said:

    Not sure about the Nilponali (Nilponali cali without the c) it's too high tech for this world. Even if you were to scale it away down. Perhaps just Corona, Arrendelle and leave the rest of the map.... Blank ish like there are other countries but not too much info. Though we definately need to Emphasise that both Arrendelle and Corona have populations of non white looking people and its not weird ( as some who plays black characters because she I black this is one of those weird moments of wtf when I suddenly realize that I have no space for people like me. So ( theoretical animal shifters from Not Africa?}

    Not to worry: being a black man, myself, I had no intention of leaving us out.

    The real German Reich had a division called the Afrika Korps. Also Germany had possessions in Africa.

    I know that the real-world Afrika Korps were not literally made of black people, but in The Greatest Frozen Generation, their army's Not-Afrika Korps could be a subdivision of black people.

    Also, The Greater Arendelle Reich could own Crown Properties in Not-Africa, as does the Corona Monarchy.

    The Corona Monarchy could have something like the British Empire's King's African Rifles - which were actually made up entirely of black people in real life.


  • Banned

    As for the problem of the Big Hero 6 people being too high tech - I had two ideas:

    1.) They are non-magical and their technology keeps them from being totally obliterated by magic users, or...

    2.) In this alternate universe, they have technology equal to the Japanese Empire's own, which is to say, not much. Steam ships and bullet-shooting rifles replace the robots and laser pew pew guns.


  • Creator

    Let's go with option one. Their tech keeps them from total elimination and subjugation. But outside the Bible of tech or small domain points it begins to degrade as magical elements begin to work to muck up the works.

    Some power thoughts:

    1. FIRE POWERS
      2)UNDERSTAND AND TELEPATHICALLY COMMUNE WITH ANIMALS (MAYBELIMITED
    2. BOND WITH MASSIVE ANIMALS ( shock troops)
      Ummm what else and its probably power sets. So like bond animals and communicate is smaller than points than being able to do it over a broader spectrum.
      EXAMPLE
      Sally can speak to cats of any size telepathically say maybe 2 pointa
      But can Bond huge riding cats for 10 points.

    She only has an Awesome pool of 15 so can't at CG take her fire or ice powers but could later. And possibly


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.