Safe Haven Harbor is seeking a few good players!



  • Safe Haven Harbor ts seeking some good players!

    http://safehaven.vertinext.com/index.php/Main_Page

    68.62.177.111 port 9100

    We are looking for 8 Changelings, Mages of all the Diamond Orders (we have many Silver Ladder, but if your app is amazing you can be a Ladder), and werewolves. Our system is NWOD GMC currently 1.0 but we will move to 2.0 when that is available (Second Edition werewolf is implemented.)

    SHH is a small game, and the focus is on story building. It is more like an online TT where scenes are arranged and scheduled, so there’s no endless boring bar RP or ‘I’ll just sit here until something happens.” going on.

    The basic rules for players: Follow the Golden Rule. If you prove adversarial to staff or other players (Other characters is fine, who doesn’t like a good nemesis?) you will be asked to leave and not return.

    Drop by! As a Mage player, I can say there’s stuff going on! Players as STs is encouraged.

    I'll be hanging around as Marcus to meet and greet. Come on by! Check the Wiki.


  • Pitcrew

    I wish you all the luck in the world with this. Still sad I was personally specifically excluded for reasons I do not understand, but good luck with the game!



  • @Sunny said:

    I wish you all the luck in the world with this. Still sad I was personally specifically excluded for reasons I do not understand, but good luck with the game!

    I just invited you again. The people who are actually excluded cannot log in.


  • Pitcrew

    Removing my griping as the circumstance has been resolved by @2mspris.



  • So you were just waiting for a chance to vent your hurt on the topic?

    Cuz you certainly defended equally (in my eyes) obnoxious there are those who are special then there is YOU stuff for Kushiel's Debut. Might wanna check whats up with yourself before getting into a huge kerfluffle.

    Or not.

    As a note, IC power level never equates to always having RP. People just stamp their feet and feel locked out. If they are locked out, its because someone wants to, and will use whatever tool they can.

    Also I couldn't log into SHH forever. I didn't catch an unusual spelling. No plot against me.



  • I will note that I was invited into SHH the first time around. I -chose- not to play simply because I wasn't very happy with their system for determining character approval. No grand conspiracy, nobody was trying to keep me out, just a difference in opinion on how cgen should be handled.


  • Pitcrew

    Second verse, same as the first.



  • @Corruption said:

    Our system is NWOD GMC currently 1.0 but we will move to 2.0 when that is available (Second Edition werewolf is implemented.)

    ...what does that even mean? It's GMC in the way that The Reach was GMC, I guess?


  • Pitcrew

    I just want to know if cannibalism has been accepted as the only form of power stat regains. I have no concerns about my pre-emptive ban existing or not existing. I just need to know how apocalyptic it is. I need to know.



  • @Tempest said:

    @Corruption said:

    Our system is NWOD GMC currently 1.0 but we will move to 2.0 when that is available (Second Edition werewolf is implemented.)

    ...what does that even mean? It's GMC in the way that The Reach was GMC, I guess?

    The system is full-stop GMC but all the splats except werewolf (which is 2.0) are still the 'old' NWOD splats, pending things coming out in 2.0, when things will be changed over.



  • @Royal said:

    I just want to know if cannibalism has been accepted as the only form of power stat regains. I have no concerns about my pre-emptive ban existing or not existing. I just need to know how apocalyptic it is. I need to know.

    Not quite that bad. :) Check the Wiki, tho. There are maps now.



  • @sunny You got it all in one.

    If you're hurt, you're hurt. I dunno any details of that, or the policies you think are bad news. Share and elaborate.


  • Pitcrew

    @Misadventure said:

    @sunny You got it all in one.

    If you're hurt, you're hurt. I dunno any details of that, or the policies you think are bad news. Share and elaborate.

    Right. Thus my initial post to say I was sad. Which got me a token 'well you're invited now' which is offensive, considering. As far as the policies and such go, there's a thread here with all the arguments hashed out very well, and the staff there's justification for those policies.


  • Pitcrew

    Despite having several people I thought were good friends there I wasn't invited so, eh I am being a bit of a sulky child I admit but meh. Also well burned out on nWoD anyway.



  • I played SHH when it first opened. I found it fairly friendly and easy to find RP on, but people were a little trigger-happy with the 'fixing things' in my opinion. With the high-level chars, it seemed like the post-apoc setting wouldn't last for long, and that they'd nearly solved it a mere month into the game thanks to Magely things. Other than that, I enjoyed the game. I think it would have been better as a Mage-only game, or with everyone starting at the same level, but staff and players were both friendly and I found a good amount of RP. Keep in mind, this was months ago, so I don't know how it's changed since.


  • Pitcrew

    Am I the only one tickled by how the typo in the first line of the OP is so appropriate for our blessed genre?



  • @Usekh Yeah, I didn't get an invite and someone is claiming it's not invite only. I'm confused. :(



  • @Ide said:

    Am I the only one tickled by how the typo in the first line of the OP is so appropriate for our blessed genre?

    HEY! Eye kan tipe and spel reel good!



  • @silentsophia said:

    @Usekh Yeah, I didn't get an invite and someone is claiming it's not invite only. I'm confused. :(

    Since Ruin told me to post this, we're no longer 'just' invite only. We are small.


  • Pitcrew

    It began as invite only. As time and I imagine enthusiasm has gone on, they're likely in search of new/fresh blood. Sure, it feels like you're being picked as a runner-up in the dating pool only after they were shot down by the person they have the hots for, but just deal with it. Play there or don't, a simple choice.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.