What Do You Collect?

• In light of the fact that I am slowly getting into collecting - very slowly due to lack of space and/or funds! - I thought I'd ask what people like to collect.

Thanks to my recent delving into LootCrate, I've decided that I am going to get into collecting Funko stuff. I got their Dorbz Power Armor figure in my first Lootcrate and it sealed my fate! I wanted to get into collecting Pop!s and stuff for a while but the Dorbz really sold me on them. I came across a little extra money thanks to a lost-and-found Amazon gift card and got the Voltron Pop! for around $9. So... yes. The slippery slope. I start down it.

• Coder

Slang, current and out-dated, plus their origins if at all possible.

• Pitcrew

Spores, molds, and fungus.

• Chinese board wargames.
    Wind instruments.
    Hard liquors.
    Tea paraphernalia.
    Teas.
    Microcontroller unit development boards.

• Stories, whenever possible. (Hokey as fuck? Yes, but still true.)
    Vintage and antique precious metal threads and embellishments for embroidery.
    Ball jointed dolls (on major long-term hiatus because so, so very broke these days).
    Seashells/fossil coral/pebbles/weird stuff that washes up on the beach. (Mostly found, very few bought.)
    Unfinished game wikis. (No comment.)
    Costume and fashion history books.
    Blue and green nail polish.
    Bizarre and/or obscure jobs. (Usually ends up circling back to #1 on the list.)

• Movie Marketing and Release Posters
    Hardcopy Books
    Legos
    Starwars Dolls
    Unique and Rare Starwars Paraphenelia
    Vintage G1&2 Transformers
    Vintage G1&2 GI Joes
    Robotech/Macross Mecha
    Petite Stuffed Animals
    Shotglasses

• Just bad memories.

• Firearms and animal skulls, specifically those able to be arted up by my brother.

• Pitcrew

Heroclix. Fallout stuff. My girlfriend is the real collector, she does vinyl and cassettes, plus Pops! and dorbz.

ETA @Apu apparently there is a vibrant Funko culture, my local Comic shop just had a swap meet last weekend with a couple dozen people.

• @tragedyjones

Yeah, Funko has quite a following from what I understand/have seen evidenced via YouTube. I am not sure if it's the figures that draw the fan base or if it is the particular fandoms the company represents being popular or if it is a case of both, but there are a lot of people who collect, etc!

• Roleplaying games.
    Reference books for role playing game design.
    Steam games I won't play.
    Decks of playing cards.
    Tarot decks.

ETA: I don't collect per se, but I am the repository for name plates of people I know who have left companies I am at. The name plate graveyard.

• Pitcrew

Big one first
    Comic Books.
    Roleplaying games especially odd small press ones that show up on the used shelf at the local game store if i haven't heard of it and it is under $15 I guarantee I will go home with it.
    Wrestling stuff, mostly magazines but also other items.
    And while I don't really call it a collection since I mainly got them when I was working at a factory and allowed to listen to head phones on the job, so spent 40 hours a week listening to music. I have a metric crap ton of CDs, mostly punk and ska, with some other stuff thrown in.

• Pitcrew

Shot glasses.

I don't know how it happened - I haven't even been a drinker for years now. But I have eleventy billion of them, and it's gotten to the point where people just give them to me 'because I know you collect them'. I do have a couple of really neat ones, but like...what was I /thinking/? Ten years ago I displayed them and so on. Now they're just dusty up in a cabinet out of the way somewhere, because...shot glasses.

• Coder

Audio drama podcasts.

(Welcome to Nightvale/Alice Isn't Dead/Within the Wires, Our Fair City, Ars Paradoxica, and because it's about storytelling I'll include The Myths & Legends Podcast which you absolutely must listen to, go now, go go.)

• Funko Pop! is the new Beanie Babies. Only its using popular franchises so more likely to stick around longer. :)

I collect pins & buttons. I love my pins and buttons, got some that are nearly as old as I am!

• Pitcrew

Pokémon, I'm a trainer. I catch them in pokeballs and take them to gyms. I will be the best trainer there ever was ... oh wait, that's from the show, its not me.

• Coder

Mud code
    Metal miniatures
    Board wargames (english)
    Downvotes
    Dust

• Politics

Stories.

• Admin

Transmogs, apparently.

• Sunglasses. Used to be nametags.

• Paper, especially notebooks.
    Pens to go with the paper.
    Stickers.
    Funkos
    Foreign currency
    Coffee mugs
    Hardbound books
    Decks of cards (playing and tarot)
    Comic books (more trades than issues these days)

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.