The Basketball Thread

• Pitcrew

@arkandel
    While yes the tax based concerned are valid, I am not sure Market size matters when it comes to someone the stature of LeBron, after all he has been in movies and TV etc already and not sure him moving to LA odds more to the endorsement pull.
    Now it definitely did for Durant when he moved out of OKC but Durant was not yet a made man like LeBron is currently.
    I am not sure where he will end up going but I have to think he stays in the East for the easy path to the finals.

• Politics

@arkandel said in The Basketball Thread:

That's why I think there's a decent chance he stays in Cleveland. There's no great fit for him in terms of his age, goals and salary cap space out there.

The King is literally the King of the Cleveland area.

He could still move, but I doubt it. He wants those rings. And he knows that, if he's in Cleveland, everyone will credit him for it.

I would not be surprised if he took a lower price to stay in Cleveland on a year-by-year basis.

• Admin

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/16/how-far-can-becky-hammon-go-in-the-nba

"Popovich and his general manager, R. C. Buford, insist that they had no intention of making a political statement. “It has nothing to do with her being a woman. She happens to be a woman,” Popovich said."

• Admin

[Jessop] This my favorite LeBron story. During the Finals in 2014, the Heat locker room was filled to the brim with everyone huddled around his locker. A camera man literally moved me out of the way. LeBron saw. He looked at the guy and said, “apologize to her.” It was EPIC.

• Pitcrew

I really hate that I have to cheer for the Rockets as the only real chance to avoid Cav-Warriors round 4.
    Though on the plus said that round four would free up some evenings normally reserved for watching the NBA finals.

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.