RL things I love

• @mietze

My nana used to make tomato aspic that was so good. It was just tomato juice and lemon jello, as far as I remember. real simple fare as was everything else she would make, but it was wonderful.

• Creative problem solving with repurposed objects.

There are about a dozen long-winded explanations that would be required for it to make sense. The tl;dr is that I like a certain kind of yarn, because it is neato-keen. I have studied various means of producing it and can do all the ones I've read up on or been taught by my former mentor and came up with a few more variations on those themes as well. None of these methods are without their share of 'that is a lot of hoop-jumping pains in the ass' or 'more money than you could ever afford to spend or would ever make back' on a machine that can only be described as 'you didn't really need a living room, either, did you?' or 'oh, you really think you can get one of those vintage refurbs they only ever made a dozen or so of in the 40s in the first place and there's only one presently known of on earth known to still work?'

Over the past two weeks I have found a way of drastically reducing the amount of ass-pain this causes with a weird little widget ordered from the UK, a cordless powered screwdriver, and a combination ash tray/trash can. It isn't quite on par with the speed or ease as the thing that'd cost as much as a brand new luxury SUV and take up roughly the same amount of space, but it's one hell of a lot closer than it was and it takes up the amount of space as, well, a 12 inch diameter, 3ft tall trash can.

This just might work. Yay.

• Pitcrew Banned

Weapons in general. Guns, knives, they're all fucking fantastic

• Can I have my downvotes back? I love my downvotes.

• Coder

@Meg said in RL things I love:

Can I have my downvotes back? I love my downvotes.

Winnie the Pooh's original voice actor died November 22, 1992.

(I might not be able to vote you, but I can bring you down.)

• Coder

@Ex-FaviIIa-Surgo said in RL things I love:

Weapons in general. Guns, knives, they're all fucking fantastic

I've always been partial to the Panzer VI Tiger.

• Admin

I watched It over the weekend and had a blast! So much screaming from the audience throughout the movie.

Also, is it weird whenever I watch a horror movie I wonder what would happen if Sam and Dean showed up?

• Pitcrew

I literally just heard one of the kids across the street yell, "Mom, do you love me?!?!"

And because the kid was being a complete shit, she just replied "No." That lady is savage af.

• Pitcrew

I adopted a cat today:
    alt text

• And she is naming him Catface.

• ITYM Catty McCatface.

• That is a pretty cat.

• Pitcrew

His name will be Action Jackson.
    aka AJ
    aka Action Jackson on the Scene!

not Catface damnit.

alt text

• He will be Catty McCatface to me for all time.

• So, I'm getting into weird-ass Chinese pendants now.

The first batch are carved ox horn. They are, respectively, a lotus blossom, some weird Buddhist iconography, and the badass warrior god Erlang Shen. (How badass is he? In Journey to the West, after Sun Wukong/The Monkey King pretty much cleans up on all of the heavenly forces of the Yellow Emperor and is close to final victory, Erlang Shen fights him to a standstill.)

These next ones ... aren't particularly SFW after the first image, so I'm not going to actually inline the rest.
    #1 front view.

#1 rear view.

#2 front view.
    #2 rear view.
    #2 with necklace.

• Pitcrew

@WTFE -- Considering that I have a pretty massive collection of BPAL and my favorite line is by far the Lupercalia releases, I feel morally obligated to upvote weird Chinese sex pendants. What can I say? Deep down, I have the sense of humor of a fifth grade boy.

(With that said, if you don't know what BPAL's Lupercalia line is, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LOOK THAT UP WHILE AT WORK. Don't. Just don't. There's a lot of dicks, and while they're usually hilarious, HR reps are required by federal regulation to have no sense of humor.)

• I can't be the only one who clicked those links and thought "but those are all the rear view." My inner 12 year old is strong this morning too.

• Pitcrew

I just want that lotus blossom one. ;.;

• Admin

On the last week of probation at my new job it didn't hurt that one of the incoming client reviews I got asked that they clone me.

• @Caryatid said in RL things I love:

I can't be the only one who clicked those links and thought "but those are all the rear view." My inner 12 year old is strong this morning too.

For me the coin one had me thinking "you know, those look like DIN signage standards for German brothels". I mean we must have "Ordnung" while fucking, right?

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.