Invisible boy/girlfriend

• Admin

• Reader

I am... incredibly envious that I didn't think of that business concept first.

ES

• Admin

I suppose it's a way to monetize roleplaying.

• Politics

@Arkandel
    Less creepy and more expected. People have been deceiving friends and family regarding their relationships and whether they have them for years.

I once dated a girl for a while who, when we met, told me she had a boyfriend that she lived with, etc. Eventually, our relationship grew and I realized that that "boyfriend" had somehow vanished into the ether, faded into the background, gone. He had never existed, but I had fallen in love and was a bit in a haze (and pretty young at the time), so it had taken me time to notice.

It was only a matter of time before they marketed it.

• Admin

Come on, you don't think a large part of their client base doesn't ever intend to show these messages to anyone else?

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of lonely people out there subscribing to this service. Hell, or its sexting equivalents.

... Damn, we need to pull our best TSers from these forums and form a sexting corporation. Finally, a niche for such skills! All those years roleplaying hot and steamy but dysfunctional relationships over text are about to pay off.

• What happened to the tried and true 'Canadian' boyfriend?!

• Politics

@Arkandel said:

Come on, you don't think a large part of their client base doesn't ever intend to show these messages to anyone else?

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of lonely people out there subscribing to this service. Hell, or its sexting equivalents.

... Damn, we need to pull our best TSers from these forums and form a sexting corporation. Finally, a niche for such skills! All those years roleplaying hot and steamy but dysfunctional relationships over text are about to pay off.

The sexting equivalents have been around since texting became a thing, dude. In fact, before, when online chatting was getting its start.

• Admin

@Coin Dammit, then my dreams of becoming rich (but hopefully not famous) through my elite TSing skills are crushed. :(

Back to the 9-5.

• Pitcrew

im surprised they don't provide 'fake' facebook pages to link your relationship to and other such social networking gimicks.

• Pfff, the Office Kid kit is at least useful.

• Tutorialist

Please, there are 'cuddle' businesses out there.

• Pitcrew

@iceshinagami said:

im surprised they don't provide 'fake' facebook pages to link your relationship to and other such social networking gimicks.

I smell Premium Package! Your invisible boyfriend will also like all your posts and post cute comments on selfies.

• And if you ever get jealous of a person who has an invisible boyfriend, you could always just mail glitter to them (Uh, probably not Safe for Work)

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.