Atlantis Client

• I really like the Atlantis client and it seems incredibly capable, however I feel like I am unable to utilize it's full potential. For example, I'm at a loss as to how to use variables when writing events. For example if I want to set an event to say Hello (player's name) if (player's name) says Hello to me. Or cast a spell on a certain player based on a key word. Or evaluate my current HP / Mana and decide to take an action based on that. Is there any documentation out there that explains how to do these things in Atlantis? Has anyone out there figured these sort of events out and could lend a helping hand? :) Thank you for your time.

• Pitcrew

Huh, variables quite like that aren't something I've explored myself, despite being an Atlantis user and giant fangirl. But what I can do is tag @Sparks. ;)

• Pitcrew

Grabbing this thread to make an Atlantis query:

I ran a log today and when I opened said log later... all the line breaks from the scene (it was on AresMUSH) were gone. Has anyone else encountered this? I have not made any tweaks within Atlantis for logging.

Anything I can do to fix this so that line breaks remain intact?

• Double checking, were the line breaks from the MU*, or from your own output formatting? As in you told it to add a blank line between text strings?

• Pitcrew

@Misadventure said in Atlantis Client:

Double checking, were the line breaks from the MU*, or from your own output formatting? As in you told it to add a blank line between text strings?

Within the game, not on my (local) end.

AresMUSH's autospacing and player's adding %r in their poses both were stripped out.

• Coder

Hm. I can genuinely say I've never seen that one. I wonder if something changed on the Ares side? I'll log into BSGU a bit later and see.

(Also, I apparently missed this thread when I wasn't paying a lot of attention to MSB back in April. Oops!)

• Pitcrew

@Sparks said in Atlantis Client:

Hm. I can genuinely say I've never seen that one. I wonder if something changed on the Ares side? I'll log into BSGU a bit later and see.

(Also, I apparently missed this thread when I wasn't paying a lot of attention to MSB back in April. Oops!)

I was talking to Fara earlier and she was getting the same, so it seems it may be communication between Ares and Atlantis causing it. If you could peep, it'd be appreciated! <3

Looks like your connection to MU Soapbox was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.