Quiet Room

• Pitcrew

I know this is a n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. How does one keep the quiet room, quiet? Is there a mute, or a silent flag for a room that I'm missing?

• What codebase?

• Coder

Penn:
    @lock/speech (on location)
    @lock/interact (on player)
    GAG flag (on player)
    @hooking say and pose

MUX & TM3
    @lock/speech + Auditorium [flag] (on location)
    SLAVE flag (on player)
    @icmd (on location or player)
    REALITY LEVELS
    @hooking say and pose

Rhost:
    @lock/speech + Auditorium (flag) (on location)
    SLAVE flag (on player)
    FUBAR flag (on player)
    @icmd (on location, player, or zone)
    REALITY LEVELS
    @hooking say and pose

There's probably a few clever ways I didn't touch, but that's the majority of the ways to lock down a room (or a player in a room) from talking.

• Pitcrew

Thank you @Ashen-Shugar & @Taika !

• Coder

If you're using TinyMUX (which I know you are), there's no way to squelch the connect/disconnect (and the leave/arrive?) messages unless you have @Chime's fork. Which a certain cephalopod has just recently informed me has had a very minor update to handle some SSL something something something.

• Coder

@skew said in Quiet Room:

If you're using TinyMUX (which I know you are), there's no way to squelch the connect/disconnect (and the leave/arrive?) messages unless you have @Chime's fork. Which a certain cephalopod has just recently informed me has had a very minor update to handle some SSL something something something.

Because I broke her code.

Again.

• Bugger. Do I need to update CoS?

• Coder

@skew said in Quiet Room:

MUX 2.12 seems to already have arrive/leave handled by blind (on target player or location).

So to add this functionality to connect/disconnect, you need to edit netcommon.cpp in three locations.

One to handle connect/reconnect
    One to handle disconnect
    One to handle partial disconnect

You look for this section:

if (  loc != NOTHING
               && !(  Hidden(player)
                   && Can_Hide(player)))

And modify it to this:

if (  loc != NOTHING
               && !(  Hidden(player)
                   && Can_Hide(player)) && !(Blind(loc) || Blind(player)))

You should then be good to go.