My dear (not actually a) stalker asked how to highlight names without highlighting words that contain that name. Ie, Mae but not Maelstrom.
Create a new event:
Event Name: Name Highlight
** Put your name there instead of 'name'
Match All?: Checked
Run When: Always
Change FG: Color of your choice
That should do it... Please note, like every time anyone ever uses of regexp I have no idea what I'm doing and just copied and pasted some code until I found the stuff that worked. So let me know if it's not working for you?
I went into the 'site-packages' directory for Python3 and copied PyQt5/ to Python2's. Hey, at least it's now failing creatively:
$ python main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 8, in <module>
from PyQt5 import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so, 2): Symbol not found: _PyBytes_AsString
Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so
Expected in: flat namespace
I have tried and failed to install PyQt4 from the official site, as it complains that it can't find qmake, and I can't find an install for qmake except via the qt-devel library. Until I become a more capable developer, I will now leave this in the hands of other people, and let this thread get back on track.
For those now afraid to try out Digger, I am only having these issues on macOS. Try it out!
Hey, buddy! Welcome to the thread!
This is a followup on my other thread here: http://musoapbox.net/topic/1546/aws-amazon-web-service-as-mu-hosting/
People had expressed interest there, and in PMs, and in chats elsewhere, about what I did to get a MUSH up on AWS Free Tier. I had told them that I would write a how-to... But as said, the guidance I could give was insufficient to mitigate the potential risks of a mistake.
@Cheesegrater above has a good breakdown of how to avoid those problems. It's much less dire, given that info... but given all the other options at comparable cost, it's just not worth the potential trouble to me. If/when I go to Linode or whatever, I'll write that how-to instead.
Maybe I'm crazy. I probably am. (Okay, definitely.) But I'm curious.. how difficult would it be to configure the list of displayed jobs (i.e. when you type +jobs) to include the name of the submitting player as well as bucket, job name, due date, assigned, status?
(Ssssh, I'm not supposed to post.)
But this is actually already a function. You just change your &jobs me=<stuff>. For example: &jobs me=BOTD will give you bucket, opened by, title, and date. &jobs me=BOTDS gives bucket, opened by, title, date, status.
In fairness, the suggestion I have for someone to be able to common sense fix the problem the current mediawiki install has on digital ocean is not a best practice.
I am reasonably sure there's a more secure way to do it than the one I laid out through some back end, and the one provided does absolutely have risks (and big ones).
For someone without heavy duty SQL/mediawiki/server experience, however, it works and will fix the problem without incident most of the time. That describes me, really. I only know the fix because I ran into the same problem, and after digging around about how to go about it, that was the only answer I found.
At some point, you have to do what works and hope for the best, especially when the argument about how to get something done takes up more time than researching how and getting it done.
Okay! Too bad there weren't any more entries. The idea of contests like this is a good one to instill creativity and actually get stuff done with a deadline; ever since Optional Realities ran their contests I've pondered running something Evennia-centric along similar lines. Time will tell.