General Video Game Thread

• Pitcrew

@Arkandel With how fast leveling is and the new expac gear reset, that might not be hard at all.

• Pitcrew

@Sunny That is generally how I play it these days in spurts... It also doesnt help that some people I was really close with in that guild turned Trump Cultists.

• Guild Wars 2 gets pretty good comments from my friends.

Personally, I am playing KOTOR for the first time ever.

I must love Star Wars cuz I do not like D&D.

• @Misadventure I just played KOTOR and KOTOR 2 for the first time ever about 4 months ago. This is what got me into SWTOR.

• I'm kinda surprised more people didn't like SWTOR's Fallen Order/Eternal Throne. I found it to be much more like KOTOR in terms of style of play. I enjoyed it, and after 2+ years of straight MMO kind of stuff, it was nice to sidetrack into 2 self-contained stories that had more of that KOTOR feel.

• Pitcrew

@Wretched

I have a really chill guild that weirdly?? is a content clearing behemoth that...lets me hang out in a corner, no big deal. It's nice because there's people THERE on those rare occasions I do have group content I want/need to do, but I completely flake out the second anyone actually expects anything of me. I don't really think the group content is...uh. I guess it's not like TERRIBLE, I've played worse, it's just not why I'd suggest anybody play the game. I love the game death, but -- I'm on my 5th Jedi Knight. The story/leveling experience is really my go-to.

by myself. nobody ducking talk to me unless I say hi first. k? k.

• @Sunny whats the difference between your jedi playthroughs?

Mind, I've played WoW up through the same class several times and not just once per faction which is the major story content difference, so if its just enjoyable I'll get it.

• @Misadventure Each of the 8 classes have their own core story. There will be missions all players do, but sub-missions that focus on the story of each of the 8 classes with their own NPCs, distinct endings, etc. In that, SWTOR has a really great replay value because creating a brand new "Jedi Consular" after finishing "Jedi Knight" has story value.

This is if I'm reading you right and you're not familiar with it. Apologies if you are and I just splained.

• @Ghost I am fairly hard to splain to. I take it as someone presenting the information as they understand and organize it.

You answered my question for the most part, though there is value to Sunny's answer as well.

The next question is should I look up some sort of guide on classes to get the best experience from KOTOR? Or can I play through and not cripple my self by basic bad choices?

• Pitcrew

@Misadventure

There's not really enough of a difference to say I'm playing it for any differences. I just like playing through it.

ETA: I used to make baby blood elves, play them up through finishing the ghostlands, and then delete them. Every month or two, really. I just liked the content. This is mostly the same, on a bigger scale. For star wars, I go back and play it long enough to level a character all the way through, then stop and go do other stuff. Then when new content comes out, I go back and update all of my "actual" characters, catch them up. Repeat. Usually I play either the Jedi Knight or the Sith Warrior, but sometimes I do the other classes, too. The Smuggler is pretty much the only one I haven't done a million times, because I dislike the playstyles available and the Agent's story is SO GOOD that if I can stomach the playstyle I'm playing an agent. ^^

• @Misadventure said in General Video Game Thread:

The next question is should I look up some sort of guide on classes to get the best experience from KOTOR? Or can I play through and not cripple my self by basic bad choices?

I'd read up on the character creation options since which ones you choose affect the numbers of powers/skills/feats you get. (I think I got those right.) Each of the 3 options is stronger in one of them. It definitely affects play so pick the one whose play style you enjoy the most. You can't cripple yourself regardless but the style is different.

• @Sunny said in General Video Game Thread:

... and the Agent's story is SO GOOD that if I can stomach the playstyle I'm playing an agent. ^^

Agreed. The Agent's story is excellent and my favorite of the non-Force User classes. Personally, I'd rate them:

Sith Inquisitor
    Sith Warrior
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Consular

Imperial Agent
    Smuggler
    Bounty Hunter
    Trooper.

• Pitcrew

It's November. It's time for my yearly tradition of playing Skyrim through the holidays. The game is nine years old now. So one, I feel old just saying that. And secondly, that's long enough for it to be a tradition to begin with.